Woodpecker Furniture Limited ("We" “Us” “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our terms and conditions click here to view our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Woodpecker Furniture Limited of Charlton Lane, Midsomer Norton, Bath BA3 4BD.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The legal bases we rely upon to process your personal data are:
· Where we have a legitimate interest;
· To comply with a legal obligation that we have;
· To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you; and/or
· Your consent for direct marketing.
We may also have CCTV cameras installed in our premises for the purpose of crime prevention and for health and safety reasons.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Protection of your data
We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access.
Access to your data is restricted to ensure it can only be accessed by authorised users. We have minimised the need for data to be accessed unless this is strictly necessary to meet our obligations or to respond to any reasonable and lawful request and information is regularly backed up to reduce the risk of loss or corruption.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
How we may use your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Disclosure of your information
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions and we will not sell access to your data to other businesses for marketing or any other purpose.
We may disclose your information to the following third parties for our legitimate interests or contractual obligations:
· Third parties which process customer payments for us (Worldpay and PayPal);
· Third parties which process our website orders for us (Retail Systems);
· Staff members to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
· IT providers that host our website, provide us with support services and/or store data on our behalf;
· Professional advisers including consultants, legal advisors, bankers and insurers; and
· HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We may also disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Links to 3rd party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please be aware, you have the following Data Protection rights:
· The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
· The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
· The right to rectification of your personal data;
· The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
· The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
· The right to data portability in respect of any data that has been provided to us directly by you;
· The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
· The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
· The right to withdraw consent (where consent has been freely and lawfully provided by you) at any time.
you have consented to us processing your personal data you have the right to
withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us via the details at the end
of this notice.
There may be circumstances where we will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for meeting those specific reasons.
You can also contact us if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
Mr E Vining
Woodpecker Furniture Ltd